Serious Wine Tasting
Daryl shares his approach to tasting wine professionally
- You need a good wine tasting glass which always comes in a tulip shape to capture the aromas
- First, look at the color of the wine which reveals a huge amount on the wine
- Take an initial sniff to capture the initial aromas that comes out of the glass
- Then swirl the wine to release the secondary aromas as well
- What we smell is ultimately what we taste
Who Exactly is Daryl Groom?
Daryl Groom is a 7-time Winemaker of the Year, owner of Groom Wines, Colby Red, and DXG Wines, and principal partner in SocialGrapes.
Suggest a topic!
If you'd like to see Daryl cover a particular topic, feel free to send us suggestions!
SocialGrapes.tv is your friendly video guide to the wonderful world of wine. Learn More
Join your friends on SocialGrapes!
SocialGrapes.tv is provided by SociaGrapes.com, a free social network and iPhone app for discovering, enjoying and sharing good wine.
SocialGrapes.tv (© 2011) is provided by SocialGrapes, a free social network and iPhone app for discovering, enjoying and sharing good wine with your friends.